Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Day Off!

I finally had a day off from Jo-Ann today and took advantage of it. Recently I bought a cupcake gift set that contained a cupcake cookbook, a silicone 6-cup muffin tin and two silicone spatulas. Today I made Triple Chocolate Cupcakes. I'd post a link to the gift set, but Barnes & Noble doesn't have a photo of it on the website. If you live near B&N, go check the clearance aisle for one of these sets. These cupcakes have cocoa, milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips in them and are frosted with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. They were delicious. My DIL are two of them for dessert tonight - one for her and one for baby.
I pulled the petals off the roses DH gave me for my birthday two weeks ago. I want to make potpourri with them. For now, they are drying on football plates in my kitchen. Anyone have suggestions for making potpourri?
Tomorrow Hotel Man returns from Europe and we will be going out for dinner. Thursday is another day off. Not sure what will be happening around Coffee Time that day. Maybe I'll make some more cupcakes. I want to try Pecan Coffeecake Cupcakes next.

Happy Eating!
Sweet P

4 comments:

Libby said...

*mmmmm* I bet those cupcakes taste heavenly . . . I'm thinking that could only be enhanced with a nice, fresh cup of coffee *s*

Sandra :) said...

Mmmmmmmmmm yummy cupcakes!!! How's work going - are you buying out the store?!

Rose Johnston said...

Oh they look yummy!! Hope you enjoyed your day off!

Meaghan said...

if you love coffee you need to check out my giveaway! In celebration of starting my new online coffee shop: Get The Bean I am giving away 1 pound of coffee every Friday this month.

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

And, if you are interested in getting money for the cancer charity of your choice for an entire year visit us at:

www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com

Thanks,
www.getthebean.com