Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Living Room View

I don't think I've ever posted a view of the trees I can see out the bay window in my living room. Yesterday morning as I was rushing out the door for work, the color of the trees caught my eye. I stopped, grabbed my camera and took a photo.

I should have taken a photo out this window when we moved in last February. The snow pile outside this window was up to the top of the bottom pane. For some perspective the bottom of this window is about 7 feet above the ground, add the window pane and you can imagine a snow pile about 8 - 9 feet high. If it gets that high this winter you can bet I'll be posting photos.

This morning I opened my Bloglines and started scanning the cooking blogs I read. I was trying to decide what to make for dinner when I found this recipe for Super Easy Garlic Chicken on the Big Red Kitchen. It was super easy. It was yummy, Hotel Man liked it and has made my "Make Again For Dinner" repertoire. I even think I like it better than my old chicken stand-by Shake N Bake.

The fire alarm in the upstairs hallway is driving us crazy. For some unexplained reason it beats once and then beeps again about 30 seconds later. It does this about once an hour. Sometimes it will go for hours and hours without making a sound, then it will start in again. I've replaced the battery twice. I've turned off the power to the alarms at the fuse box for 15 minutes. The only think I haven't done yet is buy a new alarm. That's next on the list to do. While I'm at the big box store getting the fire alarm I need to buy weather stripping for the front door too. I can tell the wind will be blowing around the edges come winter.

What's next on your home improvement list?
Sweet P

4 comments:

Anita said...

What a lovely view! Gorgeous colours.

Beth said...

I had trouble with one of my alarms once (the one in the 11 foot celings in the living room!) I ended up having to vacuum mine when the battery was out. That solved it...at least until I needed a new battery! love the pic of the trees!

Robin said...

Sweet P! Thanks for the link to the chicken recipe! I am really happy you like it. Try it as a Parmesan some time, if you like that sort of thing! Love the leaves in your window and I would love to see the snow piled high!

Denise in PA said...

Mmmmm - Shake-n-Bake - one of our guilty pleasures-LOL! The garlic chicken sounds yummy, I'm going to give it a try!