Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Review

The table was set by noon. Notice the napkins? I made them Thanksgiving morning.
The boys were there . . . ooops, not these boys. DH made the bed and thought we needed a few bears on the bed. Silly man!
Thanksgiving dinner was great. I didn't take any photos of the food. We were too hungry to wait for photos. I learned my kitchen does work well with three people cooking. At one point, DH was carving the turkey. I was standing at the stove stirring the gravy. DS #3 was mashing the potatoes. Everyone loved the Bacon Wrapped Turkey and the Slow Cooker Stuffing. Really they loved all of it.

After dinner we played Scrabble and Red Sox Uno. Sometime during the evening we decided to make coffee. We had several choices to go in the coffee: milk, cream, sugar and an assortment of alcohol. I love the line up in front of the coffee pot.
Last night the men made dinner. DS #3 made Chicken Marsala (with a little help from DH) and DS #2 made Green Bean Casserole with fresh green beans. DH added fresh corn on the cob. Yummy!
I officially have way too much food in the fridge right now and you know what? I'm craving a pizza right now!

DIL decided it was time to update my menu board. Here's what it reads now:
I guess that means she has to come over at least once a week to update it!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.
Sweet P

2 comments:

Karen said...

My DSIL taught me to just lay strips of bacon over the turkey before putting in the oven. I preheat the oven to 450, put the turkey in. After 15min. I turn the heat down to 350. My DMIL,DFIL, SIL and nephew were here and loved the turkey. The bacon helps the turkey stay juicy, even when done at 11 and we didn't eat till after 1! I did stick an apple inside the turkey. I usually do onions, celery and garlic. I think the apple helped keep it moist too.

DebMc said...

It looks incredible and I bet it tasted just the same.

You made napkins on Thanksgiving morning???? Wow!