Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Boys

I thought I would introduce you to "The Boys" of our house. No, these are not my adult sons. These are "The Boys" as we call them. They reside on a wooden tray on the coffee table in our living room.

We are huge sports fans in our house: Boston Red Sox baseball, New England Patriots football, Boston Celtics football, professional golf and occasionally soccer (mostly during the World Cup). I've been known to schedule my social life around sporting events. If it's football season I suggest you don't ask me to an event on a Sunday, chances are that unless you are hosting a football I will try to find a way out of it.

Anyway, back to "The Boys". From left to right in the front row: Wally, the Green Monster. He is the Red Sox mascot and is named after the Green Monster wall at Fenway Park. Next to him is Tom Brady, the quarterback for the New England Patriots. In the back row left to right we have a Tiger Woods bobble head doll, a David Beckham statue and a Tedy Bruschi, linebacker for the New England Patriots. I'm bidding on a Kevin Garnett Celtics figure on Ebay to add to the collection.

My oldest son thinks we are weird, but we don't care. We've been known to have conversations with "The Boys". We even take Wally with us when we travel. Here's a photo of Wally enjoying the mountains in Oregon last summer!
So, there you have it, one the unusual aspects of life in Coffee Time at Home. You may be wondering why I'm sharing "The Boys" with you today. Well this is a big golf weekend in our house - the U.S. Open Golf Championship. One bonus of the coverage this weekend is that today and tomorrow Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are in the same group and I will be able to watch them play today and tomorrow! Woohoo! Even better because I have an HDTV in my quilt studio so I can play with fabric while watching golf! A great way to spend the day.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I must have the only DH in the world that does NOT watch any sports except when our kids were playing and then he had NO IDEA what was going on.
ME?? St Louis Cardinals Fan!!

Libby said...

Golf is a 'hot' ticket around these parts . . . general consensus among locals is hi-def tv in your own living room is the best place to be *s* Hubby left early this morning to avoid additional commuter traffic for that 8:06 tee time *s*

Candace said...

Enjoy your sporting weekend on your new TV. We will be traveling, so my husband will probably have to miss some of his favorites.

Brenda said...

Although I am not a big sports fan; I grew up in a family full of football "fanatics" I mean fans, my uncle and father both owned and drove drag racing cars and most family watch....well you understand. I love the little figurines so enjoy the weekend.

Brenda http://thequiltjourney.blogspot.com/