Monday, June 9, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today - June, 9 2008
Outside My Window it is cloudy, hot, humid and still. Temps will be in the 90s today and tomorrow. Oh, I wish we still had central air conditioning.

I am thinking about taking a nap. I caught a cold from my DH and feel miserable. A nap under freshly washed sheets in the one room with AC sounds divine right now.

I am thankful for a husband who has stood beside me while I have been sick and out of work.

From the kitchen tonight will be Orange Marmalade Pork Roast, Rice Pilaf, Carrots and chilled mandarin oranges.

I am wearing a white camisole and tan shorts, my standard outfit in the summertime.

I am creating a Summer Solstice package for a friend. I need to get in the mail tomorrow.

I am going to spend the time doing the daily household task and hand sewing, not much else to do in this heat.

I am reading Barbara Walter's biography "Audition."

I am hoping the Celtics win the NBA finals.

I am hearing the fan blowing a gentle breeze, the TV and the trash collector outside.

Around the house it is quiet and dark. No sunshine to brighten it up or heat it up too much.
One of my favorite things: Red Sox baseball

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish hand piecing the Christmas table runner, start painting the kitchen, clean out the pantry for the rebuilding.

Here is picture thought I am sharing: the best thing to eat on a hazy, hot and humid afternoon.
The Simple Woman's Daybook can be found here. You will find a list of other Simple Woman's Daybooks too.

No comments: